Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Red Sox Trade

Here's a trade I'd love for the Red Sox to try and explore - David Price for Yu Darvish straight up. Here's the way I see it.

Price after this season has 5 more years and $157 million left on his contract - so he'd be a long term asset for the Rangers (although he could opt out after the 2018 season). Price is just 31-years old, has a career 3.24 ERA and is a past Cy Young Award winner. He could be the Rangers ace moving forward. Boston could even offer to pay $5 million per year every year after 2018 if Price does not exercise his opt out option.

Yu Darvish is a free agent after this season.

That's how much I want David Price out of Boston. I think my feelings of him being a phony who cannot handle the pressure either in Boston or in the post-season (career 5.54 post-season ERA) are shared by most Red Sox fans at this point.

Yes this is coming from a guy who lost money the last 3-times he bet on the Red Sox when Price was pitching (never again I swear!). Yes this is coming on the heels of a report in the Boston Globe about Price acting like a spoiled bully toward fan favorite Dennis Eckersly (it should be pointed out that the Globe is owned by John Henry who also owns the Red Sox - so maybe the owner is voicing his displeasure as well). And yes I would like the Red Sox to pursue this trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment