Sunday, July 23, 2017

Top 5 List - Thoughts on Spider-Man Homecoming

Went to see the new Spider Man movie this week Spider-Man Homecoming and here are my Top 5 thoughts on the movie:

1. In my opinion it was a good movie but not a great movie. I enjoyed seeing it but wasn't pumped to see it again like after seeing Deadpool or the first Avengers movie for example. Currently Spider-Man Homecoming is at 93% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes - so bottom line it's a good movie.

2. I think part of the reason I was so blaise on the movie is because I'm not the movie's target audience. It's really geared to teenagers.

3. Speaking of teenagers - is 80's First Wave / Punk music what kids are listening to today? Or was the soundtrack something for the older folks in the audience like me? Songs from the Ramones, English Beat, Flock of Seagulls, Yello, etc.

4. Michael Keaton was a good villain in the movie. His backstory made perfect sense. He played it perfectly. The after credits scene left open the possibility he might be back.

5. Heard a rumor that Deadpool might be in the next Spider-Man movie. Not sure how I feel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment